Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in English Language Arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
Students in grades 3 through 5 take an end-of-grade assessment in English Language Arts and mathematics while students in grades 5 are also assessed in science and social studies. High school students take an end-of-course assessment for each of the ten courses designated by the State Board of Education.
Features the Georgia Milestone Assessment System include:
- open-ended (constructed-response) items in English Language Arts and mathematics (all grades and courses);
- a writing component (in response to passages read by students) at every grade level and course within the English Language Arts assessment;
- norm-referenced items in all content areas and courses, to complement the criterion-referenced information and to provide a national comparison;
- technology-enhanced items including multiple part/multiple answer, graphing, drag and drop; and
- online administration considered the primary mode of administration and paper-pencil as back-up.
Milestones Statewide Scores
Below are documents to understand Milestones better and resources to prepare your child for Milestones testing in April 2019.